Modesty?
"I will therefore that men pray every where, lifting up holy hands, without wrath and doubting. In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array." (I Timothy 2:8-9)
So as I'm trying to redirect my life and focus more on my relationship with God, I've attempted to do a daily devotional, inspired by Twinnie, who does like 3 different ones in the morning. I do one and today it was about Modesty. Hmmm, I haven't actually sat down and thought about modesty in a really long time, like since high school religion class... yea, I went to Catholic school, so religion was a consistant class. Anyways, this devotion really spoke to me. Although not a conscious decision, lately I have been purchasing more modest clothing. Clothing without clevage or that isn't super short to show off my awesome legs, even my shorts for summer are longer. I just don't feel "comfortable" any longer wearing all these revealing things and honestly, I don't need to show my goodies for a man's attention and let's just keep it real here, THE REASON WOMEN WEAR THINGS LIKE THAT IS TO GET MALE ATTENTION.
Alright, now that that has been addressed. I have always worn low cut shirts. It's always been one of my attributes.. great cleavage and it's offset the fact that i have no backside.. like none, it's flat as a board. I'm okay with it, well as okay as you can be with two friends that have more back than a sir mix a lot song.. pfft! anywhos, so whenever i've gone out it's always been like.. hmm how does my cleavage look? And no surprise, guys paid attention. then at some point in the past few months I've realized that I'm not entirely comfortable when i'm wearing stuff like this. Like i'm always tugging at it and trying to, subconsciously, cover up. so just yesterday I went shopping and bought some tops. Didn't give much thought to it since it was a quick run into the store since it was my lunch. when i got home last night and took a look at them, they're all higher cut no cleavage shirts and i love the way i look in there! I've realized that I'm an amazing and beautiful person regardless of if i'm in modest or "less than modest" clothing. However, that's definitely not the image i want to put out there and I, MOST DEFINITELY, do not want my children seeing me and thinking it's acceptable bc there's no possible way I would EVER let my girls dress like that and if my son attempted to bring home a girl that wore clothing like that, well, lets just say, I'd be LESS than thrilled lol.
So i've decided to start being more modest. Not to say that I'm going to start covering up from neckline to ankle, but I'm definitely keeping my girl parts under wraps and I think I'll still be just as attractive, but maybe to the right people for the right reasons ♥
So as I'm trying to redirect my life and focus more on my relationship with God, I've attempted to do a daily devotional, inspired by Twinnie, who does like 3 different ones in the morning. I do one and today it was about Modesty. Hmmm, I haven't actually sat down and thought about modesty in a really long time, like since high school religion class... yea, I went to Catholic school, so religion was a consistant class. Anyways, this devotion really spoke to me. Although not a conscious decision, lately I have been purchasing more modest clothing. Clothing without clevage or that isn't super short to show off my awesome legs, even my shorts for summer are longer. I just don't feel "comfortable" any longer wearing all these revealing things and honestly, I don't need to show my goodies for a man's attention and let's just keep it real here, THE REASON WOMEN WEAR THINGS LIKE THAT IS TO GET MALE ATTENTION.
Alright, now that that has been addressed. I have always worn low cut shirts. It's always been one of my attributes.. great cleavage and it's offset the fact that i have no backside.. like none, it's flat as a board. I'm okay with it, well as okay as you can be with two friends that have more back than a sir mix a lot song.. pfft! anywhos, so whenever i've gone out it's always been like.. hmm how does my cleavage look? And no surprise, guys paid attention. then at some point in the past few months I've realized that I'm not entirely comfortable when i'm wearing stuff like this. Like i'm always tugging at it and trying to, subconsciously, cover up. so just yesterday I went shopping and bought some tops. Didn't give much thought to it since it was a quick run into the store since it was my lunch. when i got home last night and took a look at them, they're all higher cut no cleavage shirts and i love the way i look in there! I've realized that I'm an amazing and beautiful person regardless of if i'm in modest or "less than modest" clothing. However, that's definitely not the image i want to put out there and I, MOST DEFINITELY, do not want my children seeing me and thinking it's acceptable bc there's no possible way I would EVER let my girls dress like that and if my son attempted to bring home a girl that wore clothing like that, well, lets just say, I'd be LESS than thrilled lol.
So i've decided to start being more modest. Not to say that I'm going to start covering up from neckline to ankle, but I'm definitely keeping my girl parts under wraps and I think I'll still be just as attractive, but maybe to the right people for the right reasons ♥

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home