Friday, May 14, 2010

people, friends, ect....

People are different. No two people in the world are the same. Everyone has different needs, different goals, different wants. Everyone has been through their own share of trials, have their own fears, and have different viewpoints on what is and isn't important in life. Everyone has bad days or bad moments, they have different things that set them off. My point is this is why i try not to be judgmental. What I deem important in life, may not be what someone else sees as a priority. What drives them to their goals and dreams may be far from my ideal of a motivator. It's just basic facts of humans. With all the components that go into making a person who they are, there's never going to be anyone who truly gets them all the time. At least no one on this Earth.

I always try to keep this in mind when i speak to anyone but especially when any of my friends seek me out for advice or support. All of my close close friends I have been friends with for years. I have been there for them through the many ups and down that life has thrown at them even when it seems that they have hit rock bottom. I've always been available, no matter what. They have always been able to get ahold of me at any time of the day or night regardless of what I've had going on in my own life because they mean that much to me. Their friendship and overall well being is just that important to me.

When listening to their problems or the hardships or even their joys, I try not to voice any opinions or advice from what I would do. I take into account the situation and past history and I give my support because no matter what path they chose, I'm always going to be here and I try never to say "I told you so." Which kinda brings me to my point. No, I do not always agree with the path they chose, most of the time I, personally, would probably chose a different option or handle things in a different manner. I have never told them that their priorities are messed up or that they are focusing their energy on the wrong aspect of their life, because, in all honesty, yes they are my best friends, but at the same time, who am i to tell someone that something that is so important to them shouldn't be? who am I to tell them, that the decision they are making for their future is the wrong on and they should be running the opposite way? I feel as though I'm here to be a shoulder to cry on, a person to bring joy into their lives, a friends to share my wisdom with them based on the events I have been through but NEVER to judge them for the choices they make or to hinder they own self discovery.

Sometimes I have bad days. Usually I don't because I'm one of those smiley happy people who takes things as they come and generally go on an' brush dem shoulder off.. hehehe However, there are times when my emotions get the best of me or when I feel completely overwhelmed and honestly i feel like I'm entitled to that from time to time. I'm a single mother to 3 children, yes absolutely wonderful children whom I love and adore with all of my being, but still 3 children who are trying and exhausting and demand so very much from me because I am their mother. I've had a year from hell going through a horrible divorce that began with me finding out my husband was cheating on me when his "girlfriend" posted on facebook that she was pregnant.. doesn't get more heartbreaking than that let me tell you. And this is after years upon years of dealing with physical and soul depleting emotional abuse from him. I cannot even count the number of concussion and broken noses this man has given me, but through it all i was there for him 110%. I keep our children taken care of, our home taken care of, and was his complete support upon years of deployments and separations courtesy of our wonderful country. I have a demanding and stressful job that I'm never really off of and am constantly in communication with.. heck, even when I went on vacation for the weekend, I was sitting in the Atlanta airport on my layover making calls and sending out emails because that's what was required. Yet, I have moved past the pain and devestation he has caused me and have built a new and wonderful life that I am thriving in. However, I do believe I am entitled to have a bad day. I may have a mini freak out from time to time, but it's not ever anything that will break me. I just wish when these things occured I had the people there who support without judgment. Who don't tell me that I have my priorities misplaced or that I need to focus my energy elsewhere. I have spent the past year of my life on my own. My priorities beign my children and myself. rebuilding everything dbag destroyed, rebuilding my faith, and finding myself again. It has been a hard and long process with quite a few setbacks and detours. It's a process that is constantly ongoing and will always continue because your good should become your better and your better should always become your best and your best should be constantly evolving.

Right now my life is at a turning point. It not just based on one aspect of it. It's with everything. I don't know which way to go and I'm putting all of my faith in my faith to guide me and to give me the strength i need to make this journey. I just sometimes wish I would get the patience, understanding, and compassion that I give out; not the judgment or negativity. I just wish sometimes people would understand that I can't always be the person they expect me to be and maybe realize that they don't know exactly what I'm going through or what's weighing on my heart at that moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home